Almond cake is a two-layer cake, on the bottom is a vanilla flavoured white butter cake and on op is a wonderful mixture of almond, butter and sugar. When bakes, it is nice and crispy and crunchy. The first thing you need to do is to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and you will need a 9-inch springform pan, This pan makes it so easy to get the cake out of teh pan once baked. Butter the inside of the pan or you could spray with teh non-stick spray. Add room temparature bitter in a stand mixer and then beat in medium speed until nice and smooth.
Add 115 grams of granulated white sugar in a beaten butter and beat on medium-high speed just until they are mixed together. Beat in two large eggs one at a time and then add two teaspoons of vanilla extract and combine in the mixture. For the dry ingredients, add all-purpose flour in a large bowl then add baking powder for a little lift and inch of salt. If you used salted butter you can leave the alt out in the dry ingredients and mix them together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients st and mix them, you want to do that slowly so that the flour won’t be spilt out of the stand mixer.
You can also prepare the batter by hand if you dint have the stand mixer. Pour the batter in the pan and then bake between 18 to 20 minurtes until a toothpick inserted at the centre come out clean. To make the almond topping, add butter in a medium-sized saucepan and then add a cup of granulated white sugar, you will also need one and a half cups of sliced almond and then add two tablespoons of milk. Place it on medium heat and bring it to a boil then turn it down to a simmer until the cake is done.
Once ten cake is well baked, take the almond topping off the heat and immediately pour it on the baked cake and pit it back in the oven. The toppings will caramelize and turn to a beautiful golden brown, nice and crispy. Set it back in the oven for another 18 to 20 minutes and once done, run a knife of the sides of the pan and let it cool completely. Remove from the pan once cooled and enjoy.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (150 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) salt
- 7 tablespoons (100 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon (115 grams) granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
- 7 tablespoons (100 grams) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) sliced almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter (or spray with a non stick vegetable spray) a 9 inch (23 cm) springform pan.
- In a bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat until thoroughly mixed together.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides and bottom of your bowl as needed.
- Beat in the vanilla extract. Beat or fold in the flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan, smoothing the top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 18 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out just clean.
- While the cake is baking prepare the Almond Topping.
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and stir, over medium-low heat, until melted and the mixture comes to a boil.
- As soon as the baked cake is removed from the oven, immediately pour the hot Almond Topping over the cake, smoothing with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula.
- Return the cake to the oven and bake for a further 18 – 20 minutes or until the topping turns a beautiful golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely before removing the sides of the springform pan.
- This cake can be covered and stored at room temperature for about two to three days.