Looking for quick and easy Baked Tortellini in Meat Sauce dinner recipes for the family? This simple recipe is the BEST meal for busy weeknights. Even your picky eaters will love it! It’s made with just a handful of cheap and basic ingredients.
- 1 (20oz) container of refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (24oz) jar of pasta sauce
- 8 (ounces) cream cheese (cubed)
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded parmesan
- seasoning to taste
- Cook the pasta a la dente according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the seasoning of your choice (I use salt, garlic powder, pepper & Italian seasoning).
- Remove the excess grease from the browned beef and then stir in your tomato sauce and cream cheese. Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is well incorporated.
- Gently toss your cooked tortellini in with the sauce mixture and then pour it into your casserole dish; Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake uncovered in the center rack of your oven for about 20 minutes. Switch the oven to broil and continue baking for an additonal 2-3 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown.
- Enjoy with garlic bread, salad and/or veggies!