Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake – Bunny’s Warm Oven
Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake with a tender center, creamy filling and a crunchy, buttery topping. A perfect mix of crumb coffee cake and cheesecake.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake has been one of my favorite desserts since I was in college and working at a coffee shop. We had a lot of popular baked goods, but we also would occasionally get in the most amazing Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake that would sell out immediately. We got to keep it in a cake stand and actually cut slices for people, so customers always felt what a special dessert it was.
If you’ve been reading along on this blog for a while you know that I absolutely love coffee cakes and crumb cakes. I’ve posted quite a few along the way, but adding the cream cheese middle layer to the crumb cake makes for the most delicious combination of tender cake and creamy, tangy filling with a burst of delicious blueberries along the way.
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
6 oz cream cheese, cubed
For the crumb topping:
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a 13×9 inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk.
- Toss blueberries with remaining flour. Stir blueberries and cream cheese into creamed mixture (batter will be thick). Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.