Buttercream Truffles came out of the need to use up extra frosting. Now they are the perfect treat to make anytime!
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- 12oz Ghiraradelli dark chocolate melting wafers, melted
- Sprinkles, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. Add in milk and beat an additional 2-3 minutes until fluffy. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour (or more!).
- Scoop 1 Tbsp balls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze balls for about 30 minutes.
- Once firm, remove balls from freezer, and use your fingertips to shape smooth.
- Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions. Using a toothpick, dip each truffle into the melted chocolate, tapping on the side of the bowl to remove the excess. Drop onto parchment paper and add sprinkles immediately. Repeat for remaining truffles.
Yield: 42Serving Size: 1 truffle
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 120Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice