- 1 can 8 oz refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 bag 14 oz caramels
- 1-2 tbsp heavy cream
- 4 1/2 cups tart apples coarsely chopped, peeled, about 3 medium
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter cold and cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray, or line a dish with foil, leaving enough for a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- Unroll dough and press in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of pan. Firmly press dough perforations to seal. Bake 7-8 minutes.
- make the apple filling :
- Combine the chopped apples, flour, granulated sugar and cinnamon, together in a large bowl until all of the apples are evenly coated. Set aside to get the apple juices going.
- Make the streusel:
- Whisk the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour together in a medium bowl. Cut in the chilled butter with a pastry blender or two forks (or even with your hands), until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Set aside.
- Spoon the apple mixture into the crust.
- Caramel Sauce :
- In small pan, melt caramels and heavy cream over very low heat. Stir until smooth. Pour evenly over apples.
- Sprinkle the caramel apple layer with streusel and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and apples are tender. Cool about 1 hour and cut into bars.
Store the bars at room temperature in an air-tight container. The bars will keep 3 to 4 days.