4 Tablespoons butter (or bacon grease)
• 1 cup onion, diced
• 1 cup carrot, diced
• 1 cup celery, diced
• 3 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 teaspoon sage, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage)
• 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary)
• 1/4 teaspoon thyme, chopped (or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme)
• 4 Tablespoons flour (rice flour for gluten-free)
• 6 cups chicken broth
• 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded/diced
• 2 cups potatoes, diced
• 1 cup corn
• 1 cup peas
• 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, carrots and celery and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, sage, rosemary, thyme and cook until fragrant, about a minute. Sprinkle in the flour, mix well and cook for a minute.
3. Add the broth, chicken and potatoes, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
4. Add the corn, peas and cream and cook until the corn and peas are warmed, about 3 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve, garnished with fresh chopped parsley and hot buttered biscuits on the side.