Yield: 6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Sweet and spicy ribs, with hints of chipotle chile pepper, and cinnamon, plus the sweetness of brown sugar and maple syrup. They can be baked or grilled a day ahead and finished on grill or in oven just before serving.
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven or grill to 375-degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, chili powder, chipotle chile pepper, cinnamon and garlic salt and rub spice mixture evenly on ribs.
- Place ribs in single layer on foil-lined roasting pan. Pour water into pan. Cover with foil.
- Bake 1 hour or until meat starts to pull away from bones. Brush ribs with maple syrup.
- Broil or grill over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes per side or until ribs are evenly browned.