- 1 cup salted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 3 quarts vanilla ice cream
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar. Whisk in milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Use a rubber spatula to stir in flour until thoroughly combined. Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer cookie dough to the prepared baking sheet and flatten until 1/4 inch thick. Use another baking sheet to press it down into an even layer of needed.
- Freeze cookie dough on baking sheet, 1 hour, until frozen.
- Remove frozen cookie dough sheet from pan and slice in half.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream onto one half of the cookie dough into a thick, even layer. Top with remaining cookie dough sheet.
- Freeze 4 hours until firm.
- Cut into individual servings and serve immediately or package in a resealable plastic bag for longer term frozen storage.