- 1/2 cup (115 grams) unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (440 grams) mashed banana (about 4 large bananas)
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Sugar Swirl
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined (about 1 minute). Add in the eggs and vanilla, making sure to mix well after each ingredient. Add the mashed banana and stir by hand.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, making sure not to overmix the batter.
- In a separate bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the cinnamon sugar swirl and set aside.
- For one layer of the cinnamon sugar: pour about half of the banana bread into the loaf pan and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top, then pour the remaining batter on top.
- For two layers of the cinnamon sugar (like the picture above): pour about one-third of the batter in the loaf pan, sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top, and repeat layers, topping with the last third of the banana bread.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the banana bread becomes too dark, tent with aluminum foil for the last 15-20 minutes of baking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the loaf pan and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Storage: Banana bread can be kept at room temperature for up to three days or frozen for up to three months. Banana Bread