Corn in a cup is like Mexican street corn, only not on a cob. Sweet corn is mixed with mayo, sour cream, garlic, chili powder, lime, cotija cheese, green onions and parsley, and spooned into a cup. Then it’s topped with crunchy Fritos and even more cheese, chili powder, green onions, and parsley for the ultimate summertime snack on the run.
- 3 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons cotija cheese, or feta — divided, save some for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ lime, juice
- 3 green onions, sliced — divided, save some for garnish
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley — divided, save some for garnish
- Frito chips
- Mix together the corn, mayo, sour cream, 3 tablespoons cotija (or feta), 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, juice from ½ of a lime, 2 sliced green onions, and 2 tablespoons parsley (or cilantro).
- Spoon into 4 cups, layering or topping them with Fritos, if you wish. Use the remaining 1 tablespoon of cheese, 1 tablespoon of parsley, 1 sliced green onion, and a sprinkle of chili powder to garnish your cups. Serve immediately. If you layer in the chips, they will get soggy if they sit for any amount of time.
Calories: 478 kcal Carbohydrates : 54g Protein : 10g Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 7g Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g Monounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 24 mg Sodium: 516mg Potassium : 388mg Fiber : 6g Sugar: 7g Vitamin A: 929IU Vitamin C: 12mg Calcium: 182mg Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?how it was!