Cowboy Cornbread Trifle
- 1 box cornbread mix, prepared per package instructions
- 2 medium jalapeños, seeded and minced
- ½ medium yellow onion
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound thick sliced bacon, cooked and chopped into bits
- 1 ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes, juices drained
- 2 (16 oz) cans beans (pinto, kidney, or black), drained and rinsed
- 2 (16 oz) cans sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to tast
Cut prepared cornbread into 1-inch chunks. Set aside.
Toss tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, beans, jalapeños, and corn together in a bowl to make a salsa.
Combine mayonnaise and ranch dressing, add salt and pepper, to taste.
Build trifle: add 1 layer of chopped cornbread, followed by a layer of salsa; add shredded cheese, followed by a layer of mayonnaise mixture, and a layer of diced bacon.
Repeat until layers reach top of serving bowl. Garnish top with green onions and any remaining cheese and bacon. Refrigerate before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com