The Cracker Barrel Meat Loaf is a portion of classic comfort food that only requires a few special ingredients to make one of the most flavorful and moist meatloaves you’ll ever eat. It can also cater to those who aren’t normally lovers of meatloaf.
What makes meatloaf special for Cracker Barrel? Sharp cheddar cheese and buttery, salty crackers are the not-so-secret ingredients. You can make this famous meatloaf at home with diced onion and green bell pepper, as well as a sweet-tangy glaze made of ketchup, brown sugar, and dijon mustard. This version is easy, delicious, and pleasant for a crowd, and it feeds the whole family for a fraction of the cost. In addition, leftovers are perfect the next day.
The wonderful flavor of a cracker barrel meatloaf at home is surprisingly easy to make at home now. You can serve this meatloaf with popular side dishes like green beans, potatoes, and fries, and then have plain, easygoing options for dinner like rice or mashed potatoes to allow guests to test various side dishes and new types of recipes.
– 32 Ritz Biscuits, I crushed them before using.
– 1½ Lbs.Of ground beef.
– ½ Cup.Of ketchup.
– ½ Cup.Of brown sugar.
– 2 medium eggs.
– ⅔ Cup.Of milk.
– ½ Cup.Of chopped white onion.
– Shredded sharp cheddar cheese, I used approximately 4-oz.
– 1 small spoon.Of salt.
– ¼ small spoon.Of ground pepper.
– 1 small spoon.Of dijon mustard.
– Step 1: You’ll need to start the preparation by preheating your oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Step 2: After that, you’ll choose a medium mixing bowl, and beat in the eggs, using a hand mixer.
– Step 3: Next, place the biscuits in your food processor, and pulse to finely crushed, then you need to add to the beaten eggs, ⅔ cup of milk, and crushed biscuits, mixing thoroughly with the hand mixer.
– Step 4: Once these ingredients incorporate, you need to stir in the chopped onions, and shredded cheese.
– Step 5: And now, you can add the ground meat, but you need to mix well all ingredients until you have an incorporated mixture.
– Step 6: At this stage, you can shape the loaf, and put it into a lined large baking dish with aluminum foil.
– Step 7: Then, it’s baking time, it takes approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
– Step 8: While the meatloaf is baked, you need to mix the ketchup with brown sugar, dijon mustard in a medium mixing bowl.
– Step 9: Remove the meatloaf from the oven, and coat it with the glaze, then bake for another 20 to 25 minutes more. Insert a food thermometer in the middle of the loaf to check for doneness, it should register 160 degrees F.