Cheese terrine is ultra-rich, ultra-creamy and melting in the mouth smooth delicious and irresistibly good. Since this is a simple and easy cheesecake loaf, it will be nice to serve with blueberry sauce, place on graham crumbs bottom or top with cocoa powder like Tiramisu.
The recipe is very simple which does not require to whisk step by step and using pan or bowl. All you need to do is place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender, process it once, then bake and chill overnight. It takes only 5 minutes before baking. Start with cutting cream cheese into 1-inch cube and microwave for 30-45 seconds to make it soften. Cream the cream cheese and mix in sour cream and sugar.
Do not whip to prevent the mixture from holding air. The air makes cracks on the surface when baked. Mix in eggs one by one then take out some of the mixtures to another small bowl, add corn starch, mix well until it becomes smooth. Add into the mixture and combine well then mix in heavy cream by driblets.
Once you are done, pour the mixture into the loaf tin. If you like extra smooth, strain the mixture with a colander to filter clusters out before pouring to the tin. Put the loaf in on a deep tray, pour boiling water into a tray as 1/4 – 1/3 height of loaf tin. Put it in the oven, reset the temperature at 325F (160C), bake for 60 min. Cool the Terrine in the loaf tin on a cake cooler. Leave it in the fridge for at least 3 hours for better texture. Enjoy.
- 200 g (7 ounces) cream cheese room temperature
- 200 ml heavy cream(double cream)
- 100 ml unsweetened plain yogurt
- 95 g (about 1/2 metric cup) granulated sugar
- 2 egg
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C(320°F). Boil water for the water bath. Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until well blended.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared pan, then place the cake pan in a large shallow pan containing hot water about 0.5 inches (1 cm) depth.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Cover the top with plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight.