Stunning and simple to make, this Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Trifle is a spectacular edible centerpiece to add to your trifle collection. It’s made with layers of angel food cake, cheesecake and blueberry pie filling that together are certain to make this layered beauty the showpiece of your dessert table.
- 1 box Angel Food cake mix , plus ingredients to prepare
- 2 3.4 oz boxes instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 3 cups half and half or whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed OR 4 cups sweetened fresh whipped cream
- 2 21 oz cans Premium blueberry pie filling
- 1 fresh mint for garnishing optional
- Bake cake according to package instructions. Set aside to cool. Slice cooled cake into 1-inch thick slices, then cube. Divide into thirds and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, whip together both packages of pudding mix with 3 cups of half and half and vanilla in a medium-size mixing bowl. Whip for 2-3 minutes or just until the pudding is beginning to thicken but, is still pourable. Pour into another bowl. Set aside.
- In the same medium-size mixing bowl cream together softened cream cheese with one container whipped topping. Whip until smooth and fully combined.
- Add the pudding to the whipped creamed cheese mixture. Continue to whip on medium speed about 2 minutes or until smooth and fully combined.
- To assemble: In a 4 quart or larger trifle bowl layer 1/3 cubed cake, drizzle with 1/3 pie filling, 1/2 whipped cheesecake. Repeat ending with cake and pie filling.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving frost top with remaining whipped topping and garnish as desired.