This Lemon Sheet Cake is super moist and flavorful. You can make this easy homemade lemon cake for all your parties and get-togethers! It will win over any crowd.
- 2 C cake flour
- 2 TSP baking powder
- 1/8 TSP baking soda
- 8 TBSP + 6 TBSP unsalted butter, soft
- 3 TBSP oil
- 1 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 8 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 TSP salt
- Lemon zest from 4 lemons
- 3/4 C buttermilk, room temperature
Sour Cream Layer:
- 1 8 oz pack of cream cheese, softened
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 3/4 C sour cream
- Zest of 1–2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 335°F.
- Line a 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Alternatively, butter and flour pan and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and set aside.
- Mix butter until very creamy and smooth.
- Add oil and sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg yolk at a time and mix at least 30 seconds between each.
- Add salt and lemon zest.
- Add 1/3 of flour and mix until combined.
- Add 1/2 of buttermilk and mix until smooth.
- Add another 1/3 of flour and mix smooth.
- Add remaining buttermilk and once combined add remaining flour.
- Scrape batter into pans and place in oven and bake for 33-37 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes clean.
- After 5 minutes turn upside down on a plastic food lined cutting board.
- Once cooled turn upside down onto a serving platter.
- To prepare frosting, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar on lowest speed until completely smooth.
- Add sour cream and lemon zest and combine.
- Frost cake.
- Serve at room temperature and store airtight.