- 3 lbwhiting, fresh fillet
- 1 corganic corn meal
- 2 Tbspflour
- 2 tspblack pepper
- 1/2 tspcayenne pepper
- 1 tspsalt
- 1/2 tspgarlic powder
- ·oil for frying
How to Make Fried Whiting Fish
- If possible, buy your whiting fresh from the seafood market and have them fillet the fish. I wash the whiting quickly in vinegar, than rinse with cold water and pat dry. Place whiting in a flat container and sprinkle with pepper and a little salt. Set aside in fridge while you make the breading.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn meal, flour, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- Heat a large skillet with oil on the stove. Make sure the oil is at high temp but not smoking.
- Take the whiting fillets and dredge them in the flour one at a time and shake off excess. Place the whiting in the skillet. Cook each side until golden brown (about 5 minutes each side). Fish will “float” when done. Drain on paper towel.
- You can also throw in some scallops or shrimp(pictured with the fish) following the same directions for the whiting. Enjoy delicious fried whiting