Frozen Peanut Butter Pie consists of a graham cracker pretzel crust, frozen peanut butter filling, and a chocolate, pretzel, peanut butter cup topping.
- 1 ¼ cup chocolate cookie or graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup pretzel crumbs
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream separated
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup pretzels chopped
- ½ cup peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium mixing bowl combine the cookie or graham cracker crumbs, pretzel crumbs, butter, and brown sugar. Toss with a spoon until moist.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish (I recommend a pie dish with a tall rim).
- Freeze for 10 minutes, then place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Using a stand or handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, mix until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold in half (1 cup) of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Fold the remaining whipped cream in until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the cooled crust, then spread into an even layer.
- Combine the chocolate and cream in a 2 cup glass measuring cup or a medium size microwave-safe bowl, heat at half power for one minute, stir then repeat.
- Remove and whisk for 1 minute until smooth. Spread over the filling, then top with chunks of peanut butter cups and pretzels.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours, remove 10 minutes before serving and cut with a sharp knife (rinse under warm water if needed to get a nice clean cut). Serve cold.