Heaven on Earth Cake with delicious layers of angel cake, sour cream pudding, cherry pie filling, whipped topping, and almonds. Creamy and decadent, this cherry trifle is a sure crowd pleaser!
- 1 box Angel food cake or 1 prepared Angel Food Cake
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip
- 1 tablespoon almond slivers, toasted
Bake angel food cake according to the package’s directions. Allow to cool and cut into cubes.
In a bowl, combine pudding mix, milk, and sour cream and beat until smooth. Set aside.
In a 9×13 baking dish, arrange 1/2 of cake cubes in a layer.
Spoon 2/3 of cherry pie filling over cake.
Place the remaining 1/2 of the cake on top of the pie filling.
Spoon pudding over cake and spread evenly.
Spoon and spread whipped topping over the pudding layer.
Garnish cake with the remaining pie filling and toasted almonds. Chill for about 4 to 5 hours.