- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° and butter two 9-inch glass pie plates. In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter with the sugar. Add the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, coconut and milk. Divide the mixture between the pie plates and bake in the lower third of the oven for about 1 hour, until the pies are firm to the touch and golden. Transfer the pies to a rack and cool completely before serving.
- The pies can be refrigerated overnight. Return them to room temperature before serving.