- 16 graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 8oz packages cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 6-inch vanilla bean OR 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the sides and bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with butter or shortening.
- Crush the graham crackers in a food processor or blender. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir in melted butter until the crumbs are all moistened and press into the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) to whip together the cream cheese and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the eggs and sour cream, and beat on low until incorporated.
- Split the vanilla bean in half and scrape the seeds into the mixture, or add in vanilla extract. Add in flour and mix until incorporated and smooth. Pour mixture into the springform pan.
- Crumple up 3 sheets of aluminum foil into flat discs and place on a baking sheet. Place the springform pan on top of these discs to elevate the cake so it doesn’t touch your baking sheet. Fill the baking sheet with a layer of ice, surrounding the springform pan.
- Bake in the center rack of the oven for 1 hour. Do not open the door. At the end of the hour, turn off the oven, keeping the door closed. Let the cheesecake slowly cool in the oven for 5 to 6 hours to prevent cracking. Remove and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove the springform pan ring before serving. Keep cold.