Old Fashioned Goulash :
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large white or yellow onion diced
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups beef broth
- 30 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 30 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a 6-quart pot over medium-high heat. Add in ground beef and cook until browned, but not cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain excess grease and return pan to medium-high heat.
- Pour in olive oil. Add in onion and saute until onion is soft and translucent and ground beef is cooked through, another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add in garlic, chili powder, and paprika. Let toast 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in beef broth, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, onion powder, and black pepper. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer over high heat.
- Once simmering, reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add in elbow noodles. Cook an additional 15 minutes, until pasta is al dente.
- Remove pot from the heat. Stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Serve warm.