This Oven Baked Chicken Thighs recipe is a force to be reckoned with! Simple and deliciously baked chicken with a mustard, honey glaze – this dish is definitely going to be a top-contender in your weekly recipe planning!
How To Reheat Chicken Without Drying it Out
There are a couple different options when it comes to reheating chicken, the most common ways are in the oven or in the microwave.
- In the oven: Preheat your oven to 325 F degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the chicken in the centre of the aluminum foil and pull the sides up to completely wrap the chicken in the foil (brushing with a little olive oil prior to wrapping in foil will also help to keep the chicken crispy on the outside). Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 F degrees.
- In the microwave: Place the chicken into a microwave-safe dish. Again you can brush the chicken with olive oil to help the chicken stay moist. Cover the dish with microwave-safe plastic wrap and cook for 2 – 3 minutes at a time, until internal temperature reaches 165 F degrees. If you’re using regular plastic wrap – don’t let it touch the chicken as it can transfer chemical to the meat.
- 2 lb chicken thighs bone-in skin-on
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees.
- Place the chicken thighs in a bowl and season them generously with salt and pepper.
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the thighs and toss them well.
- Transfer the chicken thighs to a 9×13 inch baking dish including any remaining sauce. No need to grease the dish.
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until the chicken thighs have an internal temperature of 165 F degrees and skin is crispy.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving plate, cover with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.