OVEN BAKED TACOS :
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 can of fried beans
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 oz grated cheese
- 12 tortillas/tobacco shells
- Start with taco shells, buy them at the store or make them yourself. If you make them yourself, I don’t think you will ever buy taco shells again. All you need are tortillas and cooking sprays. We used small, soft “taco” tortillas. We used flour, but the corn is also very good.
- You want to steam them first? Wet paper towels and wring them out well. Arrange the tortillas with the wet paper towels on a plate and cook them in the microwave (we made 6 at a time). Watch them, it takes about 30 seconds before they are steamed. Then lightly spray each side with cooking spray and drape each tortilla onto two bars of the oven rack. It’s a good idea to put a baking tray underneath to catch the oil from the cooking spray. Bake at 350-375 degrees for 7-10 minutes. You will notice that they will brown and become crispy. Take them out and set them aside!
- All you need is ground beef (2 pounds), 1 can of fried beans, 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 package of taco seasoning, grated cheese and your favourite taco filling.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain all the fat completely and return it to the pan. Over low heat, add the fried beans, taco seasoning and about half or two-thirds of the tomato sauce (you can look at this to see what’s best, you don’t want the filling to be too runny or your tacos to get soggy on the bottom). Mix well and add the tacos (which should be “standing” in a lightly greased casserole-like dish). Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake in the oven. I think I’ve been baking at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.