Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Covered Dates make the perfect gift for your friends or loved ones. This delicious and healthy snack is also vegan and gluten-free!
- 12 dates , pitted (See note 1)
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter , See note 2
- 7 ounces dark chocolate , 70% Cocoa Content (200 grams)
- A few Sprigs of dried lavender , optional, See note 3
- Fill each date with peanut butter. I only use about ½ teaspoon of peanut butter for small dates and ¾-1 teaspoon for large dates. Place them on a tray/plate and put them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes (See note 5).
- Meanwhile: Finely chop the chocolate and set aside. Place a sheet of baking parchment paper over a chopping board large enough to hold a wire rack (See note 6) .
- Melt the chocolate over a pot of simmering water (double boiler). Dip each date in the melted chocolate and transfer onto a wire rack (or aluminum foil or baking parchment).
- Optional: Sprinkle with dried edible lavender.
- Chill them in the fridge for 30 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- Optional: Drizzle the chocolate covered dates with melted chocolate (use either a fork or Ziploc bag).
- Dates – Medjool dates or Deglet Noor can be used. This will depend on your preference/budget. If you decide to go for the smaller ones (Deglet Noor), double the amount of dates or half the amount of chocolate.
- Peanut Butter – use any type you like – creamy or crunchy. I used 4 tablespoons of peanut butter to fill 12 Medjool dates. Now take this amount as guidance only as you might add more or less, depending on your taste or size of dates.
- Dried Lavender – make sure to buy the edible one if you decide to use it. Lavender can be easily substituted with crushed nuts or dried coconut.
- This recipe is naturally vegan and gluten free.
- This step (freezing) can be omitted if you use thick peanut butter but chilling helps the chocolate stick better to the date so it is recommended.
- You can omit the wire rack and use only a chopping board/small baking tray lined with baking paper or aluminum foil.
- Best stored in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- The overall preparation time does not include time needed for chilling the dates count with 10-15 minutes for the freezer + 30 minutes for the fridge. If you want to gift them to someone, leave them in the fridge longer to make sure the chocolate is completely set.
Course: Dessert, Snack Cuisine: American Keyword: Chocolate Covered Dates Recipe, Chocolate Covered Stuffed DatesNutrition FactsPeanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Covered DatesAmount per ServingCalories196% Daily Value*Fat 9g14%Saturated Fat 4g25%Carbohydrates 26g9%Fiber 3g13%Sugar 20g22%Protein 3g6%Vitamin A 40IU1%Calcium 30mg3%Iron 2.3mg13%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.