Potato salad is often covered in mayonnaise. The combination of yoghurt and mayonnaise makes it lower in fat and even more yummy.
- 8 medium potatos in the skin
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- pinch of mustard powder
- lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) plain low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml ) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 red or green pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped (see tip)
- 1 hard -boiled egg, peeled and chopped (optional)
- Place potatoes and ½ tsp of the salt in a pot with water. Bring to the boil and cook until tender. Allow to cool, peel and cut in cubes.
- Mix mustard, the rest of the salt, lemon juice, pepper, mayonnaise, yoghurt and parsley.
- Mix sauce into potatoes with red pepper and onion.
- Sprinkle with egg and serve as a side dish.
- To soften the strong flavour of raw onion, cover with boiling water and allow to stand for a few minutes. Drain well and use as above.
- If fresh chives are available, add 2 tbsp chopped chives to the sauce.