Savory Beef Lo Mein :
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or beef broth
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Beef Lo Mein
- 16 ounces lo mein noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 pounds flank steak, skirt steak, or flap steak cut against the grain into 1 inch strips
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 cups carrot cut into matchsticks or shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1/2 head green cabbage shredded or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- In a small bowl, make the sauce by whisking together chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cornstarch, and sesame oil until well combined.
- Cook lo mein noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add beef into skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until beef is browned, about 4- 5 minutes.
- Add in peas, carrots, bean sprouts, red bell pepper, and cabbage and cook until veggies are tender and the beef is completely cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour sauce over veggies and let cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in cooked noodles and toss to combine. Garnish with sliced green onion.