- 1 pound (96%) extra lean ground beef, see shopping tip
- 1½ slices whole wheat bread, remove crusts (I used Milton’s Multigrain bread)
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown or yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard or yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add the ground beef.
3. To make bread crumbs: remove the crust, break up the bread, and add to a blender or food processor. Process until the bread turns into crumbs.
4. To the beef, add the bread crumbs, onions, egg whites, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper, to taste. Using your hands, mix together all the ingredients.