- 500 g of minced veal
- 2 garlic, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 50 g green bell pepper, chopped
- 100 g onion, chopped
- 400 g tomatoes, crushed
- 4 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of soft mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Powdered cayenne pepper to taste, optional
- Cook all the vegetables over medium heat in a pan with a little olive oil until they are soft. We reserve it.
- Lightly brown the minced meat in the same frying pan.
- Mix all the ingredients in the frying pan, shred the meat, cover and cook for about 20 minutes until it thickens, stirring from time to time.
- Time to sink your teeth into the sandwich! We toast the inside of the rolls slightly and divide the meat between 4. I recommend that you make Mac and Cheese as an addition.
- Remember what I said at the beginning, licking your fingers!