SLOPPY JOE TATER TOT CASSEROLE
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow or sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (30-ounce) package Frozen tater tots, you will only use 2/3 of bag
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Add ground beef, onion, and bell pepper to a large nonstick skillet. Cook, breaking apart ground beef with a wooden spoon, until it is cooked through and onions and peppers are soft.
- Drain any fat. Add tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir to mix. Bring to a simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle a little more than half the cheese on top of the sloppy joe mixture.
- Sprinkle tater tots (using about 2/3 of the bag) on top and sprinkle remaining cheese on top of them.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until tater tots are golden brown.