SLOW COOKER TUSCAN CHICKEN
- 1 ½ pounds chicken thighs
- 3 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced (packed in oil)
- ½ cup chiken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dreied basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Add the butter, sun-dried tomatoes oil and garlic to a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté for about 20 seconds, making sure you don’t brown it. Then pour in the chicken stock and heavy cream, then simmer for about 8 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the parmesan cheese and continue simmering for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken into the insert of your slow cooker and sprinkle the basil, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper over the tops.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes on top of the chicken, then pour the sauce over top and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken and set it aside, then stir in the spinach and cover until wilted. Serve with the sauce poured over the top.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container