- 1 pound bone-in rib-eye steak
- 8 cracks fresh black pepper
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- fresh flat leaf parsley chopped fine for garnish, optional
- Place the steak on a large plate or sheet tray. Season both sides with the pepper, sugar, Montreal seasoning, and salt. Rub it in with your hands all over until coated evenly.
- Sprinkle half of the Worcestershire sauce on one side, flip and add the remaining sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Before grilling, take out of the fridge 30 minutes in advance to come to room temperature. Prepare grill*, cook the steak over high heat for about 5 minutes on each side, make sure to get a very good char on it. Make sure you have a water bottle handy in case you get flare-ups! For medium, pull steak off the grill when the internal temperature reaches 140°F degrees.
- Place the butter on top of the steak, cover with foil and let rest 10 minutes. Serve with parsley garnish if desired.
*I recommend a charcoal grill, but a gas grill or indoor grill pan works as well.
Calories: 555kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 153mg | Sodium: 785mg | Potassium: 728mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 4.9mg