7 Layer Salad is delicious easy salad recipe loaded up with fresh veggies and lettuce topped with an delicious creamy dressing. Even better, this recipe is intended to be made ahead of time making it the perfect potluck dish!
In this easy seven layer salad, we often add in leftover chicken or turkey to make it a complete meal and use a flavorful ranch style dressing!
It’s a definite crowd pleaser, everyone seems to love a good seven layered salad which is the perfect dish for every potluck! The best part is that you can make them way ahead of time (overnight is best)!
I’ve made a traditional salad in a trifle dish but learned it was so much easier to serve when placed in a 9×13 pan! You get bits and bites of every little ingredient with less digging and more digging in every bite!
- 8 cups iceberg lettuce or romaine
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas defrosted
- 1 bell pepper red or yellow diced
- 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Place the lettuce in 9×13 dish. Layer remaining vegetables.
- Combine dressing ingredients and spread over lettuce. Top with cheese and bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours) before serving.
To make this a meal, add in 2 cups of leftover ham, turkey or chicken.
Calories: 324, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 14g, Fat: 26g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 61mg, Sodium: 340mg, Potassium: 277mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 3195IU, Vitamin C: 29.1mg, Calcium: 167mg, Iron: 1.2mg